Well, here is a problem and it is off the subject of consciousness. Tuesday I was given an award, but the award reminds me of a pyramid scheme, which I have learnt from an early age to spot a mile off. So what I am going to do is follow the rules as closely as I can without adding to the pyramid.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award. – I am sincerely honoured to have Mariana include me in her list of ‘Kreativ Bloggers’ and I thank her. I read her blog, singyourownlullaby regularly because it is always interesting but especially because it is a cultural link with the thoughts of people who are not (like me and most of the other bloggers I read) fixed in a British/North American monolingual culture. It is a little breath of fresh air from another sort of garden.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog. – I’ll miss out this bit.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award. – the link is above and has been on the my blog list for a little while now. Why not visit it?
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting. – I have another site, all about me me me. The views section has more than enough material on me, my memories and my options on many subjects. janetsplace
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers. – I am not going to nominate 7 bloggers. The blogs that I have visited who have received the award, the ones on Mariana’s list, appear to be actual creative people, poets in fact. I have a great respect for poets but I do not consider myself part of that creative circle. Even my prose is a bit embarrassing to me. My thing is not creative in the arts sense but I try to solve puzzles. The blogs I read are by and large those that break scientific news and put it in some context. My purpose in this blog is to help people deal with the coming revolution in neurobiology. This purpose is dear to me but I do not confuse it with creativity. Also (a completely different reason), I don’t feel right with pyramid schemes even when they are not doing any harm.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate. – not applicable
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated – not applicable.
Regular posting tomorrow